Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 5

I'm glad to report that I'm doing great. No major detox symptoms so far, this juice fast is easier that I thought. I still have problem to drink 4 quart of juice, I'm glad if I drink 3. I know I should have more but I'm just not hungry. I think my body got so fed up with the terrible binge eating I've done on and off in the last few months that it really needs a big break and doesn't want more calories that it's getting now.

This morning I biked to work and it took me only about 56-57 minutes (that's quite fast). I also did callanetics last night, so I guess today I'll have a bit more appetite.

Today's green juice is made from 2 heads of romaine lettuce, 1 bunch of parsley, 1 bunch of dandelion, 2 medium heads of celery, 2 large cucumber, 2 apples, a lime and some ginger. First it seemed too bitter when I tasted it, but now as I'm drinking it it kind of tastes like a green lemonade. It's pretty good!
For fruit juice I have apple-pear juice form 6 apples and 5 pears. Very very tasty, although maybe a bit too sweet. I'm going to drink it between green juices hoping it won't be too unbalancing.

Last night I started to take Cascara Sagrada, because I haven't had bowel movement. The first 2 days I went to the bathroom so many times, then it just stopped. (Of course I'm doing the morning enema, every day for the first week, than less frequently)

Yesterday I did some more food shopping in Whole Foods and bought some organic watermelon. It was 2 for $6 (this small "personal" melons, about a size of a human head) The cashier charged  $7.98 though. When I went to costumer service to complain, they only made me pay for one to compensate their mistake, so at the end I got 2 melons for 3 bucks. Really good price! Unfortunately I was on my way home when I noticed that it's seedless. :( Well, I'm sure it won't do any damage to me, but I'm not happy about it. How they can label a genetically engineered produce as organic??? That's just beyond me!

No comments:

Post a Comment