Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 6

Long day...I haven't had the chance to write up until now. Last night insomnia kicked in again, quite intensely this time. I went to sleep around 11 pm, I felt tried. Fell asleep relatively fast but not too deep yet, when after about 30-40 minutes I woke up for some noise from the street...and was up 'til 3 am!!! I've got up numerous time, went to bathroom, put on some relaxing music, put my blind fold on with lavender, but nothing helped. A 1:45am I found myself in the kitchen hand-squeezing some water melon... :)

Although I felt sleepy in the morning and snoozed off on the subway I was in a great spirit when I got in to the office. Had a busy morning (and day) but I found a minute to log in here and I noticed that 3 days ago someone left a comment on my blog [ Hi Erin! :) ] What a great surprise! I didn't think that anyone reads it. I felt really grateful that I  might inspire someone.
Right after that discovery entered to my office the Fedex delivery person, who is a Muslim lady. Every time I ask her how she is, she answers "Thank you, I am blessed" I told her ow much I love that she says that every time. She said we forget so easily how blessed we are. We have a job, roof above our head and food on our table (or juice in my jar). And I truly felt blessed and happy.  Altough my day was busy, long and stressful in the office my good mood stayed with me most of the day and I was smiling a lot. It's only my 6th day in the fast and I already feel peaceful, like I haven't been for long. (Just as I write this I can't stop smiling)

A little about my juices today: Lots of yumminess! I made 1 litre (and some) green juice today, using only 2 lbs. of red leaf lettuce, 2 medium heads of celery and a lime. The best one so far! I think I've been putting too many things in it before. To keep it simple made it more tasteful and I really enjoyed drinking it. The 2nd litre juice was made of beetroots and carrots. Beautiful color, lot of antioxidant, great taste! It was probably a bit unbalancing though...as soon as I drank a glass of it my stomach started to growl, I got bloated and even a bit of diarrhea (which could have been the result of Cascara Sagrada, too., I took 2 capsules last night) I have to experience what works for me.
My fruit juice for the day was made of apple-pear-pineapple. Delish! I was thinking that after the fast I would blend these fruits together and then freeze it for popsicles. Great summer treat.

I didn't get out the office 'til 7.45 tonight and I still had to do go shopping for some organic coffee and also to Container Store for Mason jars (I've been using PBA free plastic water bottles). Seems like the Universe is working with me, I interacted a half-dozen sales clerks and all of them was super friendly and helpful. A very pleasant shopping experience.

So overall I had a great day again. I am blessed, I am grateful.
And very sleepy, too.... Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment