Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 2

Hello All,

First let me start by telling what else happened on Day 1 after I signed off. I chose peach for my fruit juice. Although peaches are on the list of Angela Stokes's (big raw vegan and juicing guru) list, I found it too pulpy.The result wasn't a light juice, but more likely a thick cider like VERY YUMMY drink. I even squeezed it through my nut cheese bag, but it remained very thick. Since the reason of a juice fast is to eliminate fibre I'm not sure, that peaches are the best choice. Not to mention, that I paid 4 bucks/lb, and I only got 1 litre/quart of juice out 4 lbs. of peaches. Crap, that's like a $16/litre!!!
Yesterday I consumed 2 litres of green juice and a litre of fruit juice. That's a bit less than I supposed to, I have to increase that to ensure, that my metabolism doesn't slow down.
In a few days I have to start to take Cascara Sagrada, which helps digestion and bowel movements. It's hard to imagine, that I'll need that, yesterday I had diarrhea like actions in the bathroom quite a few times. What went in as liquid, came out of the same way!
I spent the night sleeping in a full body compression suit. This is something what used after plastic surgery and increases the blood circulation therefore helps the skin to shrink. That was quite a picture when I squeezed myself in it. Oh, what could I do for a pretty, tight body! :) I can't say that it was very comfortable, but I have to admit, it held my shoulders and this morning my shoulder pain was much less intense than usual.

This morning I started out with skin brushing, coffee enema, hot/cold/hot/cold shower and the juicing of 2 lbs of red lettuce, a huge head of celery and  a zucchini. I used ginger and lime again to make it more palatable. I'm drinking it slowly, "chewing" every gulp as I type. Refreshing!

I used this morning to figure out how early I have to get up on workdays to get ready with everything. If I brew 2 butches of coffee the night before to save time, I still need at least 2 hours+ to get ready. So my new weak up time will 6 am. Ugh!

I have a slight headache. I know it's normal, so I don't worry about it. I might will take a nap later. But for now I have to go shopping and by a new enema bag (yesterday I tried in 3 diff. places and couldn't find one) and some glass jars for carrying my juices.

Off for now! Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment