Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 1

Alrighty. So here I am, starting a 100 day juice fast today. (Btw, today is August 28, 2010 and it's coincidentally the 23rd anniversary of losing my virginity...hehehe) This is more likely a feast than a fast, since my calorie intake will be around 1500 a day and by consuming only freshly juiced organic green leaves, vegetables and fruits I give myself a gazillion times more nutrition than an average American. I still prefer to use the word fast, it makes me feel like I'm a super human. :) And I am. I've just made a commitment to NOT have any solid food until December 7. How Superman-like is this!
To compliment my fast I will take MSM (organic sulfur) which helps the skin to regain its elasticity (along with a bunch of other benefits), I will brush my skin (more on that later), use MSM externally so my skin will shrink nicely. Uhm... skin shrinking...yes, it's time to tell the reasons of this fast. Let's face it, along with all the goodies I'll get out of this experience the first one is to lose weight. Of course its not just about vanity, but my health. I'm 5'9 tall (175 cms) and as of this morning 211.5 lbs. (96 kgs), which gives the BMI index of 31.2 (obese). I'm carrying about 70 lbs of fat on me. I still would like to believe that I'm fit despite my weight, since I ran a marathon 9 months ago and I bike commute to work (50-100 miles/wk), but who am I kidding? Fat is fat! (Stupid ice cream)

But enough crying! I'll use these 100 days to also reconnect with myself (or with my inner being and/or with the Universe - pick your choice). I'll do that thru meditation...and guess what else with? Fasting! Yes, when you stop putting crap in your mouth and as you cleanse your body of all the toxins your mind clears up, too and you find out who you are. This is something I'm really looking forward to! In the last few months I didn't feel happy and light hearted enough, I was sometimes mean and impatient (try to bike in Manhattan without yelling anything nasty at cab drivers!) But today is everything different already. I am really excited about this whole process! Beside solid foods I'm also cutting out mental crap. No TV, no Facebook in the next 100 days and I'll limit my internet usage, too. (OK, I don't count blogging as internet usage, it's just writing a journal and its happened to be on the world wide web) I will read more instead (non-fictions as usual, I have a half dozen books waiting for me) and I'll meditate a lot. Dynamic meditation (visualization) will help along my weight loss and achieving my ideal body and other goals.
Oh, I'm cutting out something else, too. And it's sex. Sex is a lot of energy and I need this extra energy now to heal my body. Abstinence supposed to help to achieve spiritual clarity as well. Not having sex won't be so hard since I'm utterly single, and my casual lover is very casual (although I'm kinda in love with him I guess). Not practicing DIY sex either probably will be challenging though. I've tried that before but I always failed at around day 10! :)

On my first day I started out with a coffee enema. 8 cups of freshly brewed organic coffee (at room temperature) what I did NOT drink. I won't tell you details on that one (unless you beg me).
Then I juiced 2 lbs of spinach (organic), approx. half a pound of left over arugula and spring mix lettuce, a huge head of celery, 2 medium cucumbers, a lime (with zest) and little ginger together. The result is about 2 liters/quart of dark green juice with a surprisingly nice flavor. The lime and ginger give it an awesome kick.
I will also drink another 2 litres of fruit juices, probably mixed with some veggies. Yesterday I bought peaches, nectarines, plums, pears, pineapple, zucchinis, carrots, red bell peppers and beets, so I have a nice choice to chose from (All is organic and friggin' expensive!!!! I blame Monsato for the price.)

Anyway, here are the stats (as of 08/28/10):

Height: 5'9
Weight: 211.5 lbs
Bust: 115 cms (45.5")
Under beast: 96 cms (38")
Waist: 102 cms (40")
Hip: 113 cms (44.5")
Thigh: 60 cms (23.5")

40" waist. Brutal! I took pictures of myself in a bikini, so I'll have before/after photos. It would be a crime against all humanity to post them, though. Trust me! :))

That's it for now. I'm off to take a nap. Ta-ta!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck on your feast! I really want to do an 'epic' juicefeast too, but the longest I've gone is 10 days. I LOVED it! Thinking about starting again tomorrow...
    I'll keep reading your post for inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. I'm on day 16 today, still feeling great. I actually water fast today.
    I hope you've started your juice fast. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished i had all the money for fresh stock on a regular basis to have a calorie intake like that. And i also wished i had an awesome blender to crush large amounts of chunky fruity goodness (the magic bullet is so.. need an upgrade lol). But you are amazing (: and you did it. I will only attempt to, i think i will actually lol. Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete