Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 127 - Breaking the fast

Since August 27th, in the last 126 day I have not consumed solid foods. Today, on the first day of the new year I had my first bite of prune (soaked in water overnight). That will be the only solid food for today, I"ll still have 2 litres of green juice and some fruit juice and the aforementioned 8 oz. of  prunes.

What a journey. I fasted trhu a short (7 wks) marathon training, my 41st birthday, the NYC Marathon (where I ran 31 min. faster than last year and achieved my goal of breaking 5 hours), Thanksgiving, Christmans and New Years Eve.
There were times when it wasn't so easy, I had to battle with very strong cravings (I was craving pizza for many days, salivating...now I don't have any desire left for it), went thru emotional lows and fear of gaining weight after I break my fast (it occured about half way done), but generally I have to say it was amazing, and it worth every second of it. I'm not afraid of food anymore. I'm not afraid that I won't be able to keep my new, healthy weight. I am confident that I'll be healthy and slender for life! :)

And now, here are the stats:

 08/28/10                                                    01/01/10 

Height: 5'9                                                  Height: 5/9
Weight: 211.5 lbs                                      Weight: 142.5  (69 lbs gone!)
Bust: 115 cms (45.5")                                Bust: 96 cms (38")
Under breast: 96 cms (38")                        Under breast: 81 cm (32")
Waist: 102 cms (40")                                 Waist: 71 cm (28")
Hip: 113 cms (44.5")                                  Hip: 94 cm (37")
Thigh: 60 cms (23.5")                                Thigh: 47 cms (18.5")
Tada!!!! :)

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Inspiration to us all! Im socked that no one has commented?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read your blog, fantastic achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so amazing!!! this is such an inspiring story!! i'm doing a 60 day juice fast, but with a few break inbetween... i completed 38 days so far, and have lost 21 lbs. my 'before' stats are almost identical to your 'before' stats (except for the fact that i'm 5'3" and started at 198 lbs)... so seeing your 'after' picture is a GREAT motivation for me :)

    did you cheat at all during your fast? i see that you did your juice fast almost 2 years ago... when you started to eat again, did you find that you gained some of the weight back?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chef Mai,
      No, I never "cheated" during the fast. You have to be careful how you break your fast, you can't go from a liquid diet to a heavy cooked diet, re-introducing solid food must a gradual process. for the same reason cheating cannot be done.
      I would recommend intermittent fast for those who are not ready for a 100% commitment. Like juice fasting during the day and having a nutritious light vegan meal for dinner.

      Delete
  4. really really amazing! I have been wanting to do a juice feast for a year now, but never quite had the balls, but looking at your results makes me think that it is totally worth it.
    A bit of a personal question but, no one ever mentions the transformation of breasts, did yours get very deflated? Your skin looks very firm in the photo, even though it was such a fast weight loss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boobs got smaller (thanks god! I was DD before, I was really welcoming the smaller breast), but not "deflated". I'm in my 40's so nothing is as it used be 20-25 years ago, and nothing that cannot be corrected with a good bra! ;)

      Delete
  5. amazing!!! I'm starting juicing tomorrow & am hoping to lose 43lbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey im not sure if you still check this, im about to embark on a 90 day juice fast i'm 211lb same as you were thankyou for sharing this. I hope to do this to 1. Weight loss 2. Clear my mind 3. Get rid of my food addiction 4. Attempt to find myself spiritually better.
    I hoped to email you for some tips but i can't find a contact on here. But thankyou for sharing your journey i'm off to read all your blog again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth,
      Click on my profile and the on the email link to see my email address. Feel free to email me with any questions.

      Delete
  7. i hope you read this.pls can you help i want to go on a 60 day juice fast but im in nigeria.could you be kind enough to send what i can use that is readily available here.i weigh 79kg,height 5ft4.my email is oluwarantimiosijo@gmail.com. merci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Osijo, you can use any and every kind of organic (not treated with pesticides) green leafy vegetables (lettuce, kale, collard greens) and other veggies (cucumber, carrot, zucchini...etc)

      Delete
  8. I should have asked first so I hope it is OK? I posted your link in a facebook group I am in called "I like to Juice it Juice it" You story is very inspiring. https://www.facebook.com/groups/266861583376672/683536361709190/?comment_id=690462774349882&notif_t=like
    Let me know if you did not want your link posted and I will remove. Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sista,

      My half-naked picture is already out there in the World Wide Web anyway, so what the heck, a little FB publicity can't hurt, I guess. :))
      Good luck with juicing!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful job !!! Congratulations ! Question : did you have any loose skin or stretch marks afterwards ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! I had so much fun reading your blogs. You are very inspiring! I am starting a 100 days juice feast on sep 23, need to lose 60lb. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, what a transformation!!!!!!! wow! i really wanna start juice dieting but i have no idea how to, is there any link or book or anything on it that you would like to suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hi im starting my 100 days juice fast this monday! You are such an inspiration. Thank you

    ReplyDelete